Thursday, October 15, 2015

Wednesday

(Trump believes that too many nations are getting a free ride.)

Yesterday, I took my children to a restaurant for dinner.  We ordered fifteen dollars worth of fried chicken.  My boys didn't want to go.  They're tired of listening to my bullshit.  But I'm their daddy, so they do what I say.  I washed the vittles down with a pitcher of Cass.  Cass is my favorite Korean beer.

I watched the game between the Doosan Bears and the Nexen Heroes.  Nexen was in control until the ninth inning.  Then the Bears exploded for six runs.  They won the contest 11-9.  It was the biggest comeback in Korean playoff history.  Doosan will now take on NC. If they emerge victorious, they'll play Samsung in the championship.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  I'm not some dirty pagan.  Someone I know is in the hospital.  Here's having problems with his nervous system.  I asked Jesus to keep an eye on the poor fellow.

I went to bed at 10 p.m.  I didn't dream.  I woke up at 6 a.m. and turned on my laptop.  A vicious murder took place at a strange church in upstate New York.  A teenager was beaten to death by the congregation for his sins.  The victims parents along with several others have been charged with first-degree manslaughter. We live in a broken world.

I read the paper later in the day.  Donald Trump spoke some harsh words directed at South Korea.  He wants the peninsula to pay more money to the American government for its military defense.  He claims that the ROK is getting a free ride.  Many Koreans are angry at his remarks.  But I couldn't agree more.  Korea, Japan, and Germany need to pony up some cash.  These aren't poor nations.

Anyway, it's time for the song du jour.  Here's Life of Illusion by Joe Walsh.  God bless.

10 comments:

  1. Smith your right. Many of our Allies have had a free ride while we borrowed money to keep our Armed Forces built up
    NATO countries are the worst offenders

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Bill. You're preaching to the choir. It's time for them to show their love by writing a check.

      Cheers.

      Delete
  2. Go Bears.

    Mr. Benge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Bears are playing later today. I think NC will sweep them.

      Cheers.

      Delete
  3. "Donald Trump... wants the peninsula to pay more money to the American government for its military defense. He claims that the ROK is getting a free ride... Korea, Japan, and Germany need to pony up some cash. These aren't poor nations."

    Yeah, pay for your occupation by Amerikan military bases, bitchez! If tRump can't get the Meskins to pay for a wall to keep their desperate workers from fleeing to slavery in the United Police States, maybe he can get the vassal states to give the Empire more moolah to support the garrisons that keep them in line. Because FREEDOM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bukko, I'm so glad you're back. For a moment, I thought you were dead. Is your health OK?

      I wish you could see Seoul. You'd be amazed. Sky-scrapers as far as the eye can see. Lots of hot Asian women wearing the latest fashions and carrying their favorite $1000 dollar hand-bags.

      This used to be one of the poorest nations in the world. In fact, it wasn't a nation. It was called Japan until America dropped their nuclear bombs.

      Time for them to start helping with the bills. But what do I know?

      Cheers.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for your concern, Mr. Smith. My health is good overall, except for my right knee, which is messing me around because of an old rattlesnake bite injury. On my OTHER leg.

      When I was a teenager and my dad was stationed on MacDill AFB in Tampa, an Eastern Diamondback bit me on the left leg. I got to the base hospital quick, but the military doctors screwed up the treatment so bad that I got gangrene. Big chunk of muscle in the left had to be cut out.

      As a result, I've favoured the left leg when I walk for decades. That has altered my gait and weight balance as I walk, and I've always been a prodigious walker. (All this I learned from a super-smart orthotist in Vancouver who I went to to get a new leg brace built. This guy was like a shoe psychiatrist. He had me bring in an old pair of running shoes to analyse the wear pattern on the soles, looked at me walk across the room a few times, did some measurements of my legs, and then started telling me things about the way I had been stepping all my life that I didn't even realise. In one meeting, this dude knew more about an important part of me than I knew about myself!)

      So now I've got bone degradation and incipient arthritis in the right knee on account of the snakebite on the left leg. It hurts to walk too far. I would never try a 100-km hike like you. Riding my bicycle 100 km is not a problem for me; it's the weight-bearing.

      My weight crept up to 93 kg when I moved back Down Under because I don't have a cheap hospital gym to go to like I did in Canada. That puts my BMI up to 28. To get it down to 25, I need to drop 10 kg. Which is too bad, because I like to cook and go to restaurants. But I like avoiding pain even more. So I'm going to shed some K's. Not only will I walk easier, but I can fit into the 34-inch waist pants I have. It kills me when I have to wear the 36-inchers.

      Aside from that, chit be goin' well. Got work out the wazoo, money's stacking up, and I'll probably buy another monster box of silver (coz gold costs too much in Aussie dollars.) PMs are something that John Corzine and fucking Lloyd Blankfein will have to steal the old-fashioned way -- find where I lost them in multiple boat accidents, bitchez! -- it they want to get 'em instead of ripping me off with electronic keystrokes.

      Delete
    3. I'm glad you're alive.

      Don't feel bad about a size 36. I wear a 38. I can barely squeeze into them.

      But I still feel OK. I'm just getting old.

      Cheers.

      Delete
  4. Germany does not need too pay the US any money. Actually I bet they want our bases out of their country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Germany has been a constant trouble maker all the way back to the days of ancient Rome. Those Huns need to pay--not just the Americans, but also the Greeks. But what do I know?

      Cheers.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.