Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Tuesday

(Spartacus is a work of inspired genius.)

Yesterday, the Dragon Lady made beef and rice for dinner.  The meal wasn't her best effort.  I'm not crazy about rice.  However, I didn't complain.  I just smiled and ate my vittles like a champion. I'm wonderful that way.  The glass is always half-full in my humble abode.

I watched Spartacus.  It's my all-time favorite television show.  I've seen it a million times.  Spartacus is forced to fight in the pits after making a fool of himself in the arena.  He snaps one man's neck and kills another with a giant battle ax.  He finally regains his honor by saving his master from an assassination attempt.

The death of Andy Whitfield really hit me hard.  No kidding.  I still often think about his untimely demise.  If life can crush someone as talented as him, then what chance do I have?  The answer?  None. Oh well.  I try to remain an optimist.  I wasn't born in The Republic of Chad, and my soup dish occasionally contains a little meat. Things could be much worse.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  I'm not some filthy nihilist.  Poor old Smith is dying of heat exhaustion.  So I asked Jesus to send buckets of rain.  Today, however, is bright and sunny.  There's not a cloud in the sky.  But that's OK.  There are loads of other people in this universe who need more help than me.

I went to bed at 10 p.m.  I had a dream about an elementary teacher who kept killing her students.  She told me that she had to cull the herd.

I woke up at 6 a.m. and drank several cups of coffee.  Then I read the paper while enjoying a bathroom break.  James Garner died of natural causes.  The old geezer was 86 and confined to a wheelchair.  Maybe it was just his time.  Nevertheless, the news made me a tad misty.  I used to watch The Rockford Files back when I was a kid.  Now I'm a toothless aging geek with one foot in the grave.  Where does the time go?

I turned on Fox News.  Rick Perry is putting the National Guard down on the Texas border.  He's defying the federal government to score brownie points with the far-right.  But here's the problem. Soldiers make terrible policemen.  Trust me.  His stunt will end up costing innocent lives.

Anyway, it's time for the song du jour.  Here's Sexy and Seventeen by The Stray Cats.  God bless.   

2 comments:

  1. Smith, I'm in Texas. You have no idea how bad the immigration problem here is. We are being overrun. Having lived numerous times in the Philippines, I'm sure we are quickly approaching their lifestyle. Whats another 6 million here in Texas by the end of summer (Obamas stated goal). Will my children get the opportunity to work for 100 dollars a month? best, Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The National Guard will just make things worse. Soldiers make terrible policemen.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.