Saturday, July 26, 2014

Saturday

(Korean baseball is a hoot.)

Yesterday, we didn't have a conventional dinner.  Instead, I took my family to a professional baseball game.  We ate fried chicken and Dunkin' Donuts at the stadium.  The game was filled with many home runs.  Korea boasts first-rate baseball.  Their professional league is very competitive.  It's right up there with Japan in terms of quality.

We returned to our humble abode at 11 p.m.  I watched several episodes of The Tudors.  Lord Surrey's causing trouble at court. He believes King Henry lacks the proper respect for the English nobility. Surrey refers to commoners of high-standing as devious wolves while he is nothing short of a regal lion.  He'll eventually get his head chopped off. And rightly so.  Talented writers deserve a glorious death. It's one of the perks that comes with the job.  His poetry is marvelous. You can find it online or at your local library. The man was an absolute master of language. 

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  I'm not some dirty atheist.  I asked Jesus to help my plump disinterested eldest son.  The kid hates sports.  He refuses to study.  The only thing he wants to do is play computer games all day long.  He's turning into a fat lazy China man.

I went to bed at 2 a.m.  I had a dream about driving through the housing projects of New Orleans with my mother.  She kept yelling at a rather large black man.  Furthermore, her language was nothing short of atrocious.  She used the word fuck on several occasions.  I thought the guy was going to beat me up.  Mom accused me of being a pussy.

I woke up at 9 a.m. and drank several cups of coffee.  Then I read the paper while enjoying a bathroom break.  A teen in China was a victim of bullying.  A group of girls attached a dog collar to her neck and led her through school with a leash.  Police are investigating.  My question?  Where were all the teachers? Taking a smoke break?  I just don't get it.

I turned on Fox News.  Children are dying in Palestine. I feel truly sorry for the innocent civilians.  Nevertheless, Israel has the right to protect its interests.  And they don't need John Kerry's permission to grease crazy Muslims.  Hamas is comprised of low-down, knuckle-dragging terrorists.  The world would be better off without them.

Anyway, it's time for the song du jour.  Here's Rusty Cage by Johnny Cash.  God bless.

2 comments:

  1. Israel has the right to protect its interests

    What about Palestinian rights to self defense?
    30 Israeli's dead vs over 1000 Palestinians! That's not self defense that's opportunistic butchery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess we just have different opinions. I see Israel as the only democracy in the region. I also view Islam as a true threat to the entire world. But what do I know?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.