Monday, May 5, 2014

Monday

(I thought Floyd Mayweather got his ass kicked.)

Yesterday, I walked five miles to church.  But I'm not complaining. I'm a disgusting fat-body with a beer-belly and a sagging ass.  I need the exercise.  It's also nice to get away from the wife and kids for an hour or so.  The problem with walking in Korea is the traffic.  These people are maniacs.  If I were king, I'd confiscate their automobiles and give them horses.

The sermon bored me to tears.  First, the praise team went overboard yet again.  Must we sing for thirty freaking minutes every Sunday?  After all, it's not a Deep Purple concert.  To make matters worse, the guest speaker came across as a patronizing oaf.  He reminded me of a first grade teacher.  But don't blame the pastor.  It's my fault completely.  Poor old Smith is an unfortunate reprobate heading for hell.  With that said, why can't a service be somewhat entertaining?  Is a little bit of fun against God's will?

We went to McDonald's.  I devoured a Big Mac and two large orders of French fries.  I washed the vittles down with a gallon of Coke.  I love junk food.  The sugar, salt, and starch give me a great high.  I'll be dead soon.  Yet I'm not worried.  I just got to make it another twenty years.  I can do that standing on my head.

I downloaded the Floyd Mayweather match.  He won by majority decision.  I'm no expert.  But I thought Floyd lost the bout.  I had Marcos Maidana winning seven rounds.  He was much busier than his over-hyped lethargic opponent.  Plus he landed the heavier shots.  However, nobody listens to me.  I'm merely a voice in the wilderness.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  I refuse to babble like a pagan.  I asked Jesus to take away my bitterness toward my fellow human beings.  Sometimes, I look at people and want to puke.  That's not good.

I went to bed at 10 p.m.  I forgot to record my dreams.  I woke up at 6 a.m. and drank several cups of coffee.  Then I read the paper while enjoying a bathroom break.  Peaches Geldoff died of a heroin overdose.  She was twenty-five-years-old.  The model/writer left behind two young children.

I turned on Fox News.  Naughty Vladimir Putin is still causing havoc in the Ukraine.  The problem has no resolution.  Too many German fat-cats are making tons of money dealing in Russian natural gas.  Therefore, meaningful sanctions are off the table.

Anyway, it's time for the song du jour.  Here's South Side by Moby. God bless.

6 comments:

  1. Smith Putin isn't the only one causing trouble in the Ukraine , don't forget the E.U. , along with Washington, D.C. , the way I see it there's no good guys in this plus Russia is holding all of the cards in this scenario, I also saw the mat weather fight I agree with you he lost the fight boxing has always been a corrupted sport , keep walking to church smith it's good for you maybe you can have your church sing some classic rock songs might liven it up a bit , cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to keep walking if I have any hoping of making it another twenty years. Peace.

      Delete
  2. I had the good fortune to attend a church for 20 years that had what I thought was the greatest pastor I have ever seen. He's a Navy Reserve chaplain who did two tours of Iraq. And he could pitch.
    He understood that a church service is, along with paying homage to the Creator, performance art. A good church service has a cadence to it. It "moves along". I was for quite some time his sound board technician and the man gave "great show". Never dished a sermon longer than 13 minutes. Always closed with a twist or a punch. The icing on the cake is that he was the most dyed-in-the-wool, truly holier-than-thou, walking, talking man of God. David Rodriguez, (Commander, U.S.N.R., (ret.) is the real deal. A genuine, living, saint. And as solid of a friend as anyone could wish for. If you ever find yourself on the Monterey peninsula, go sit in on services held any Sunday at the Presbyterian Church in Pacific Grove. I swear that you'll walk away a better man.
    So with all that said, he's what David taught me, and I quote:
    "The best chapel a man can build Jesus is in his own heart."
    Amen, baby.
    Peace,
    Theo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man, I love California. I just can't afford to live there. Peace.

      Delete
  3. I am Just Another Sinner (JAS) too, although I am trying to trying to direct my thoughts to realizing the Divine within us all and restrain myself when evil/sin appears. Neither my wife nor I can stand any of the churches in our town, so we very rarely go. Prayer and careful & directed thought seems to be a better trail. All those guys in robes saying "My way or Hell for you" do not seem to have what Christianity is all about, but what do I know...?

    Keep that head held high and spread the love to your family and everyone around you. In THE most important way, we are all One, we are all His children -- which makes us two brothers... How's that to ruin your day?

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess we're all doing the best we can. But I can be a real miserable bastard. I have to start being a nicer person.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.