Thursday, April 24, 2014

Thursday

(Norma Bates is banging one of her neighbors.)

Yesterday, the Dragon Lady went to Emart.  She brought home a large pizza in a cardboard box.  The meal was delicious.  I love junk food.  I washed the vittles down with several glasses of Coke.  Sugary soft drinks give me joy.  I'll be dead soon.  And good riddance.  I could really use the rest.

My eldest son James-uh brought me some bad news.  He got a good grade on his math exam.  However, he neglected to study for his other subjects.  So he failed Korean and scored poorly in science.  Once again, his computer has been confiscated.  James-uh can't win for losing.

I watched the latest episode of Bates Motel.  Norma is currently banging one of her rich neighbors.  This relationship isn't sitting well with her twisted son.  Meanwhile, Norman's semen has been found on the body of a dead school teacher.  The wrong man is rotting in prison for the murder.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  It's not like I'm some twisted misanthrope.  I believe in love.  I asked Jesus to keep me from going completely insane.  I'm not sure if he will grant my request.  So far, the jury is still out.

I went to bed at 10 p.m.  I didn't dream.  I woke up at 6 a.m. and drank several cups of coffee.  Then I read the paper while enjoying a bathroom break.  The Washington Wizards really have a shot to win a series in the playoffs.  You don't get to say that very often.  Good for them.

I turned on Fox News.  The Five discussed the IRS.  Several agents were given healthy bonuses after they failed to pay their own taxes. That's so disgusting.  I'm no fan of the government.  Bunch of thieves.

Anyway, it's time for the song du jour.  Here's In the Meantime by Space Hogg.  God bless.

6 comments:

  1. Smith

    As I lay here in bed reading your column, I seriously wonder about your health. I was diagnosed with diabetes weeks ago. I mention this as diabetes is a nasty disease. The pain in my feet is horrible. Get a blood test if you or any of your readers are over weight. If you are pre-diabetic or even diabetic, you have a lot of exercise and correct eating infront of you. While I applaud your reading of the Lord's Prayer, and your want to go to Heaven, years of living may yet be in front of you even if you have bad health!

    JM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took a test for diabetes about four years ago. It came back clean. I really think cancer will end up killing me. It runs in my family. Then again, so does diabetes. God bless.

      Delete
    2. Smith,

      I am not living your life but diabetes has affected my life. The pain of the diabetic neuropathy is spiteful. I wouldn't wish this on anyone even an enemy. I will share with you that if you get diabetes you could be living with its consequences of amputation of feet & legs. I am picking up a diabetic amputee tomorrow on my way to church. Diabetes is no matter to joke about. Its not that it can't kill you, but that it takes its time and will kill a person slowly over time.
      I've given you the information, how you use it is up to you.. Maybe you should consider this, that your recital of the Lord’s prayer have led to this epiphany of knowledge? Can’t the Lord be wonderful!!

      Best wishes

      JM

      Delete
    3. Thanks, JM. I've decided to get another check. I'll keep you updated.

      Delete
  2. Smith, ten years ago I was in a coma for a month. Over the next few years, I regained the 65 pounds I lost in the coma plus. Three years ago, my numbers were cholesterol 290, blood sugar 270, BP 190/95. I decided to lose the giant potbelly I had created and started a vigorous exercise regime. My numbers now are cholesterol 170, blood sugar 85, bp 140/90. Not real happy about my bp, but it was 270/150 before I stroked out. You don't need any massive diet changes, just eliminate a bunch of carbs and white sugar. just sayin..... best Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gave up alcohol and tobacco. I don't miss the booze, but I'm still dying for a smoke. That's as far as I'm willing to go. God can kill me tomorrow. However, He'll have a hard time prying the white sugar out of my cold dead hands.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.