Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Tuesday

(True Detective is very creepy.)

Yesterday, I had white rice and spicy pork for dinner.  I made it all by my lonesome.  The Dragon Lady was too busy drinking coffee with her friends.  I didn't enjoy the meal.  The food tastes better when I turn my poor old Asian wife into a domestic slave.  I'm terrible that way.

I had an argument with my eldest son James-uh.  He's been pissing off his mother on a daily basis.  I took away his computer for a week.  But my punishment came with a caveat. 

I said, "Look, if you kiss Mom's ass later tonight, perhaps I'll show mercy."

The Dragon Lady came home at 8 p.m.  He said, "I'm sorry, Mom.  Please accept my apology."

She said, "You not da solly.  You just ruv me because I da waitress."

He said, "Dad, I tried kissing her ass.  But she doesn't believe me."

I said, "I don't believe you, either."

But I showed mercy, nonetheless.  James-uh's jail sentence has been reduced by four days.  He is now free to play StarCraft in seventy-two short hours.  I'm a glorious father.  Hollywood ought to make a television show about me.

I watched a strange drama called True Detective.  Have you seen it?  The series stars Woody Harrelson and revolves around the ritualistic murder of a prostitute.  True Detective is quite creepy.  It's shot in rural Louisiana.  I used to live in Cajun country.  And I very much enjoy the satanic angle to the tale.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  Joy is an important facet of Christianity.  Jesus was beaten, crucified, and raised from the dead.  So we shouldn't spend our lives looking stern and sorrowful.  The news is good even though our existence often seems dark and dreary.

I went to sleep at four a.m.  I woke up at 11 a.m.  I read the paper while going to the bathroom.  A twelve-year-old boy in Australia was killed by a crocodile while swimming in a lake.  The authorities haven't been able to recover the body.  Unfortunately, the child was probably consumed by the reptile.

I turned on Fox News.  O'Reilly will interview Obama during the Super Bowl halftime show.  He's currently asking his guests what questions he should raise with the president. 

Not one of them addressed the 800-pound gorilla in the room.  America is an off-shored economy.  So how can a diverse nation of 320 million people thrive in a specialized highly-technical economic environment?  The answer?  It can't.  We need manufacturing.  America is slowly dying on the vine--a tragic victim of the greedy corporate fat-cats.

On that happy note, I'll talk to you later.  God bless you all.

6 comments:

  1. My father outsourced jobs from his company to local contractors. He asked why should a guy pushing a broom make more than a teacher? They trashed his desk.

    We need unions. We also need to squash some unions leadership like bugs metaphorically speaking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not argument from me. I pro union.

      Delete
  2. Why should a guy pushing a broom make more than a teacher?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the comment means that they shouldn't. The writer seems to be pro union for teachers.

      Delete
  3. Australia's going the same way. Ford announced it was closing its auto manufacturing plants here as of 2016. Holden, the locally grown car company that was bought up by General Motors decades ago, declared in December that it would bail on Oz in 2017. Toyota has also been bending metal and casting engine blocks here since the 1980s. It's also shutting. Foreign corporations don't give a shit what happens in some country -- witness Volvo and Saab in Sweden, also killed by Ford and GM because they had no concern with the people of that place. It's just business to the corpos, not humanity.

    All the kids who aren't smart enough to be doctors, but have hand-skills to run machines; they're fcuked. All the bright ones who might have been mechanical engineers and designed better hydraulic systems for automatic transmissions; they can look forward to a future as baristas. Australia is being steered to be a Third World economy where people dig stuff out of the vast expanses of dirt in the desert and sell it to people in smarter countries who will add value to those ores. There's always a future in being a servant to the tourists who come to see the vanishing wildlife, too. And when The Collapse comes, and those cars/washing machines/Phillips air fryers don't arrive on ships from Shanghai, people here are going to left standing flat, without the factories or know-how to make it on their own.

    BTW, the Liberals (ironically, the name of the conservative party Down Under) are saying "This will be a benefit to the consumer, because now we can remove the 5% import tax we used to put on cars manufactured elsewhere to protect the national auto industry. Since there will be no auto industry after 2017, no need to protect it. Winning!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, keep your paws of my Phillips air-fryer.

      Australia has a great minimum wage. 15 bucks an hour.

      I'd like to move there in my old age and become a mall security guard.

      Peace.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.