Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Tuesday

(Christine Lagarde:  Just another disgusting crook.)

Yesterday, the Dragon Lady made pork and French fries for dinner.  The meal tasted great.  But my wife was in a foul mood.  I ate in silence.  No big deal.  Every now and then, silence hits the spot.

Her sisters are purchasing a restaurant in Pusan.  The cost of the establishment is roughly a million dollars.  We're the poor relations.  Who has five hundred thousand clams lying around the apartment?  So now she's quite jealous of her siblings.

I'm still sick.  I feel like crap.  I told her not to worry.  If I keel over and die, she and the kids can get a gig waiting tables.  She wasn't impressed with my sense of humor.

"You tink dat funny?  You see me raugh?  I not da raugh."

I don't envy folk who have more things than me.  Possessions are nothing more than anchors which weigh a guy down.  Poor old Smith already feels like he's drowning.  The solution?  I need less useless shit to worry about, not more.

I watched Weeds.  Nancy Botwin wants to leave the country.  However, a newspaper reporter sniffs out her trail and threatens to expose the entire family.  It's a wonderful series.  American television has improved by leaps and bounds.  Some of the stuff being produced these days is nothing less than brilliant.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  Jesus lives.  His resurrection still freaks me out.  One is forced to reevaluate the true meaning of wealth and power.  The king sets the paradigm.  His followers obey.

I went to bed at 10 p.m.  I kept waking up due to illness.  I crawled out of bed at 5:30 a.m.  I drank coffee and read the paper.  A literature professor in Seoul is making his students buy his novels.  If they refuse to comply, he fails them.  No kidding.

I turned on Fox News.  The banks in Cyprus are still shut down.  It's now legal for these failed institutions to steal money from their customers in order to pay back Germany's bad bets.  How long will Europeans stand idle and allow themselves to get ass-raped by crooks like Christine Lagarde.  I just don't get it.

Anyway, talk to you later.  God bless.  

9 comments:

  1. Smith,

    Draining the currency accounts down as we speak - a safety deposit box instead, before a foray into the physical gold market - Lagarde & Co. can go screw themselves! How could they steamroller the bailout through without putting it to a vote at Government?! "Bank restructuring" instead of a tax, apparently. Joke!

    More of the Dragon Lady please ... every Ying needs its Yang ... and I need cheering up.

    Regards,

    Duper Mario.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with the finances.

      I don't understand the whole ball of wax.

      I truly hate money.

      It's just another stressor in an already stressful life.

      Screw the green.

      And screw the gold.

      Who needs it?

      Peace.

      Delete
  2. Ha Ha the banks in Europe are saying they are gonna start taking everyones money if necessary... that ought to inspire confidence... Duper Mario DON'T put anything in a safe deposit box, the government seizes those already.... guess I'm go give the bank my money, no wait.... glad your feeling a little better, Smith. Best, Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Record albums are a great place to store a home cash stash. No thief is going to steal vinyl. Too old-fashioned. If you have medium-denomination banknotes, you can fit the equivalent to several thousand dollars worth of whatever currency your country uses into a single album without leaving a bulge, especially if it's one with a gatefold cover. I usedta keep my cash stash in Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon" album because it had the song "Money" on it, and in Neil Young's "After the Gold Rush" album. That way I wouldn't forget where it was stashed among the 300 or so records I still have.

      I'm only saying this because have a new "hidden in plain sight" place to bundle my boodle. But I have started draining my accounts at the credit union. I'll keep enough in there from my direct-deposited paycheques to pay the rent and utility bills. But from now on, I'm not leaving more in there than I would mind losing. It's not like I'm earning any interest on it. Let's see, 0.75% a year, or a 10% chance that this might be the year when 40% is confiscated? I like the odds in a record album better. Plus, in a bank holiday scenario, the man with cash in hand will be king when every other poor bastard is camped out by the ATM waiting for the lights to come on...

      Delete
    2. I'm afraid of money.

      I don't even like the stuff.

      Delete
    3. Money's just a tool, Mr. Smith. A hammer or a saw can be scary, or it can be useful. I like the tools in my toobox, and I like the money in my hidden box. I don't obsess over either, even though they are fun to possess. I've got a decent income stream from my government union job, so I don't have to worry about having enough tools or money. If I didn't have an adequate supply, I'd take it more seriously.

      Delete
    4. Government union jobs are the way to go.

      I wish I had one in these times of angst.

      Anyway, God bless.

      Peace.

      Delete
  3. I read your blog to my husband every day. It has become a routine. When I read the dinner menu for yesterday evening he said "what, no egg roll?". I said "she was in a foul mood".

    What will the Banksters do next? Don't they know you can't take it with you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Justme.

      Kind words make me feel good.

      Peace.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.