Monday, February 11, 2013

Sunday

(I've never been counted amongst the best and the brightest.)

Yesterday, I took the family to church.  Driving in Korea is absolute lunacy.  You should witness the taxis and buses.  They steadfastly refuse to follow the basic traffic laws.  And it's hard to find a cop anywhere.  Talk about death on wheels.  Needless to say, I used the f-word several times.  Can you blame me?  Poor old Smith is just a toothless hillbilly praying for deliverance.

My pastor graduated from Yale.  He's a card-carrying member of the Ivy League Mafia.  But I don't hold his education against him.  The sermon focused on Exodus 1.  His words were very eloquent and thought-provoking.  He sees the Moses story as a metaphor for Jesus Christ.  I completely agree.

We ate dinner at McDonald's.  I had a Quarterpounder with French fries while the Children of the Rice munched on McNuggets.  The meal was very greasy.  I caught a bad case of the squirts.

I downloaded Django Unchained.  I didn't enjoy the film.  It's silly and disjointed.  But I'm no judge of art.  Most of my friends rave about Quentin Tarantino.  They claim he's a genius.  Sadly, I'm far too stupid understand his jokes.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Our Father on bended knees.  I refuse to live my life like a filthy atheist.  I need a code.

I went to bed at 1 a.m.  I didn't dream.  I woke up at 9 a.m. and drank coffee.  The newspaper didn't come.  It's lunar new year, and everybody's on vacation.  Bastards.

I yelled at the Dragon Lady.  I'm disappointed with my eldest son's progress in learning Korean.  He can speak the lingo.  However, his writing and reading abilities just aren't up to snuff.  I want better results.  She told me to get bent.

Our Sambu computer crapped the bed.  We drove to E-Mart and bought a Samsung.  The price?  720 dollars.  I'm completely broke.  I don't got a pot to piss in.  Oh well.  At least I still have my health and boyish good looks.

It's almost 10 p.m.  I'll probably watch The Sopranos.

Anyway, talk to you later.  God bless.

18 comments:

  1. You may want to save the God Bless there Patton!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a self-obsessed loser.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're probably right.

      Who am I to argue?

      Thanks for taking the time to post.

      Peace.

      Delete
  3. I'm surprised you don't get Tarantino. Hemingway? Eastwood? Does the DL know your'e broke. Could get interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The DL controls the money.

      She's the family accountant.

      And I'm not actually broke.

      But I ain't exactly rolling in it, either.

      Peace.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like total bullshit. God bless you anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe your computer got tired of all the pirated shows? Just kidding. But who isn't these days? Even ROK is kidding around.
    In all seriousness, what does it mean when your dream about the Pope starts to play out in real life?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate stealing television.

      But I'm in desperate need for entertainment.

      Delete
  6. Eat shit and die, loser.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to post.

      Delete
  7. Fuck you, shitlicker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to post.

      Delete
    2. hahaha.... james

      Delete
  8. I watched 'Sinister' if you havent seen it I think its your bag. I love horror movies with authors, no idea why maybe its cause i like the Shining so much. James

    ReplyDelete
  9. The director is also a believer as well which is pretty rare for horror makers.James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi James.

      Good to hear from you again.

      I'll check it out.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.